Thursday, June 18, 2009

moldy chocolate

Can you believe that? I didn't know it was possible. I went to Moon yesterday, the tiny grocery store which I've priced and found to have the cheapest chocolate in town, bought a bar of the stuff and walked home, collecting many cute Ugandan children who latched onto my white hands and arms on the way back to our compound. I did some work, ate dinner, took out the bar of chocolate, took a big bite and found it to be COVERED IN MOLD. Gross, gross, gross. I think this might have been the worst thing to happen on the trip so far. That and the fact that we've now got 6 girls staying in one room, using one bathroom, all trying to shower before 730 am. I used to be able to wake up at 6, shower and get in some good quiet reading, writing and praying time out on the "porch" (I use a lot of these terms very loosely), a spot which has now been discovered and commandeered by another girl in the group.

On an up note, I have finally scheduled another meeting with the district health officer this morning and I am hoping that he shows up this time. After that, I'm off to Jinja to go white water rafting on the Nile, which I'm very stoked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment