Friday, May 29, 2009

Chinese food.

Dad, this one is for you. And maybe you too Alison.

My father pointed out that it seems that all I've done so far since I've been here is eat. Therefore, I wanted to confirm his suspicions and make known that I was taken out to yet another very good restaurant tonight by a friend that my sister made when she was here a couple of months ago, the PT I referred to in my previous post. Tonight I ate Chinese though, not Indian. The food was good; the company was great. I learned a lot more about the Ugandan culture, which only confirmed that I love it.

FYI: If someone from Uganda calls you fat, it is not an insult so don't get mad at them.

5 comments:

  1. did someone call you fat? can I call people fat now? ohhh... i like the ugandan culture. in fact, I called myself fat this morning. so thank you self for the complement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, It's your Gammie. So glad you got there safely and enjoying yourself as well. The pictures are great-not like I expected uganda to look like. Am praying daily. I'm sooo proud to be your Grandma! Love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! I was so offended, the first time I went to Uganda I brought pictures of myself with my family to show my new Ugandan friends. The pictures were a year or two old and my Ugandan friends exclaimed "look at you sister Alison! you are so fat!!"

    it wasn't enough to keep me off the samosas though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what they say about Chinese food...you'll just be hingry again in an hour...then you'll eat some more Chinese food and the cycle will continue until you're all fat and complimented. Those Chinesies are a crafty folk. ;)

    ReplyDelete